Experience one of Africa's least-explored wilderness areas and the world's second largest rainforest, the 4-million sq km Congo Basin, on a journey that supports low-impact tourism and conservation of one of the planet's essential and irreplaceable ecosystems. By foot, vehicle, boat, and kayak, explore Odzala-Kokoua National Park from three unique camps that together highlight the incredible biodiversity of the tropical rainforest ecosystem, knowing that your visit contributes to the low-impact tourism model that protects one of the most beautiful and intact rainforests on the planet. Trek with researchers to the critically endangered western lowland gorillas. Sit along the bais for the chance to observe even the shiest of species who arrive to quench their thirst and source precious minerals including forest elephant, forest buffalo, bongo, and bush pig. Experience the diverse landscapes from dense forest to savannah grasslands and wide, meandering rivers.
While Odzala is home to the pioneering research of the western lowland gorilla, this is far more than a gorilla trekking expedition. It is a journey well suited to the adventurous and curious traveler who appreciates a multitude of nature's creatures and the physical demands of forest walking trails, kayaking, and river walks. Over 100 different mammal species are found here including western lowland gorillas, chimpanzees and red-tailed monkeys. More terrestrial species include forest buffalo, sitatunga and species of duiker some not much larger than rabbits. Herds of shy forest elephant move along ancient pathways and over 400 bird species also call Odzala home.
FI: Fully Inclusive - Bed, All Meals, Fees and Activities
8 Days / 7 Nights
Reference Number: Website Itinerary
2020 Safari Cost from $9910 per person
- Price is based on travel from October - December 2021.
- Price is based on 2 adults sharing. Quotes for singles, children, or other numbers of travelers available upon request.
- Price quoted above is a discounted pay by check or bank wire price. Payment by Visa or Mastercard would be at the non-cash discount price of $10,307 per person.
- Accommodation is subject to availability.
- Price above is based on seat-in charter flights for departure to/from the lodges on Mondays and Thursdays. Other days can be organized for additional charter flight cost.
Safari cost includes scheduled charter flights between Brazzaville and the lodges (Mondays / Thursdays), road transfers, accommodation, meals, drinks, limited laundry, park/conservation and medical evacuation fees, letter of invitation for the Republic of Congo, and activities listed in the detailed itinerary on a shared basis.
- International Air to and from Brazzaville, Congo
- Tips – On safari we recommend $25 per person per day -- $10 to your guide, $5 to your tracker, and $10 to the camp staff. In city hotels $1 a bag.
- Visas - guests from countries with an embassy or consulate for Republic of Congo are required to obtain a visa prior to travel. Guests in countries without embassies can obtain visas on arrival with prior notice on request.
- Any arrangements in Brazzaville; we can assist with arranging a pre-trip night to adjust to the time change and coincide with international arrival flights as needed. We can arrange for a guided tour of the city as well as recommend a hotel. Please inquire
- Premium drinks like Scotch or Champagne
- Optional activities not listed in the detailed itinerary; additional gorilla permits are available on request from Ngaga Camp (subject to availability and weather) and are confirmed in-camp only and payable in cash only ($500). A private guide is available to reserve at additional cost of $450 per day (subject to availability).
- Excess baggage costs for luggage beyond internal flight weight restrictions; passenger body weight in excess of 220 lbs may incur additional flight costs.
- Travel Insurance is required by the camps. As a service to our clients, we provide complimentary quotes from Travel Guard or you are welcome to secure your own policy.
- Health Preparations – visit to a Travel Clinic and any medications or vaccines needed.
- Note: If the government institutes a tax increase, The Wild Source reserves the right to extend the increase, which could apply to national park fees, departure taxes, and tourism tax.